MEMORIES OF GRANDPA
Grandpa was born to Ann and Alex Didyk on October 14, 1929 in Cowan Manitoba. He was the youngest of 9 children.
Grandpa moved to Channing Manitoba in 1952 and worked at the mine.
Grandpa met grandma and married in 1957. They had 6 children. They had 9 grandchildren and 7 great grandchildren.
A Few Memories from the grandchildren:
- Catching the bus to grandpa’s at lunch and after school. Lunch was always ready.
- Grandpa taking us grandkids to Channing Beach.
- Crystal says grandpa always have big hugs and a toonie, and said to David “go to the Gateway let her get candy”.
- Grandpa made the best homemade soups and all of us kids and grandkids loved them.
- Grandpa played crib with Johnathan.
Grandpa loved to garden, plant flowers, and loved woodworking. He made Whirly Birds, bird feeders and all the sheds in the yard.
My heart went with you Grandpa
I Love you.